Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Pop Frenzy!

OK OK, I know I'm obsessive-compulsive, but this is getting redickasickalus. Can't stop touching ye olde vinyl, must encode. Please download and enjoy these pop pearls. This is pure C86 pop heaven.....Mainly 7"s but with the odd 12" thrown in for good measure.

I used to play this game with friends selecting music. Based on the shelving, they pick a row, pick a section and then pick a CD number. This could be great [ie: Shop Assistants] or terrible [ie: Chang the Magic Dragon].

This selection was from section 5, row 3. Not a drop of crud in sight!

The opening track from Brilliant Corners would without a doubt be one of my ALL TIME FAVS!

The Fat Tulips track is the first [of I hope many] flexidisc conversions to MP3.

[256 kps....as usual]

TRACK LISTING:

Delilah Sands BRILLIANT CORNERS [SS20 Records - SS28]
She dazzled me with basil THE DENTISTS [Tambourine Records - URINE 1]
Decide BODINES [Play Hard Records - DEC 18]
Stop the Rain SUEDE CROCODILES [Nostrings Records- NOSP 2]
Going To Heaven To See If It Rains CLOSE LOBSTERS [Fire Records- BLAZE 15]
Wonderful World BMX BANDITS [53rd & 3rd Records - AGARR 006]
You opened up my eyes FAT TULIPS [Sweet William Flexi (FLX)]
So finally sweet THE WISEACRES [Cherry Red Cherry95]

Oh, I know I should be a little more scanning the label savvy....but time...you know...

I'd bite you if I had the teeth!

No comments: