Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Vinyl Madness

I was inspired by Sideroom's blog, my old musical jousting partner, we'd often in our youth make a mad dash to Waterfront records where a brown paper bag lay under the counter and whoever got there first got the fruits that lay within.

I've spent way too much of my hard earned over the years in this fashion, collecting vinyl which has been lovingly cared for. I thought it about time to share the love. Most of my singles are indiepop from the eighties.

For the first podcast you'll hear the first singles from Acid House Kings and the Orchids, UK indiepop from The Beat Hotel and Gravy Train and Aussie magic from Tender Engines and The Unstrung Harp, who sadly have sunk without a trace! Add 2 corkers from US Bag-O-Shells and Heartworms and you're POPPEN-EM with JONNY B!

Track-Listing:

Clinging to the Wreckage TENDER ENGINES
[Summershine shine 002]
Smile BEAT HOTEL
[Household Hold 2]
Thanks for the headache HEARTWORMS
[Darla Records Darla 003]
Give me some peppermint freedom THE ORCHIDS
[Sarah Records Sarah 002]
Pocketbook BAG-O-SHELLS
[Bus Stop bus009]
Sticks and Stones THE UNSTRUNG HARP
[Rampant rr016]
Why does the sun fall from the sky GRAVY TRAIN
[A Turntable Friend turn13]
She Fakes Apples ACID HOUSE KINGS
[Marsh-Marigold Records gold10]

[256kps]

Get ya indie classics

No comments: